Monday, May 2, 2016

It's Gonna Be Me

Hello, Sunshine

Are you tired of the *NSYNC memes about May? I am. But I can't resist this song.



I had a dream last night that I was hired as *NSYNC's personal assistant. I was working for a bunch of old boybanders, who lived in a big mansion together and still acted like young boybanders. And it was everything. EVERYTHING. Joey was snarky, Chris was ridiculous, Justin was kind of a twat, Lance was obsessed with social media, and JC was beautifully tortured. I'd like to imagine that's what they're like in real life. I've heard JT really is a twat. I might have dreamed about these gorgeous hunks of singing/dancing puppets because of all the memes and gifs floating around yesterday, or it could have been my obsession seeping into my unconscious.

I think it's the latter.

This happened. And I LOVE it.

I was in eighth grade at the height of the pop craze in 1999-2000 and was a hardcore *NSYNC fan. Suck it, BSB! My formative years were shaped by Chris Kirkpatrick's hair, Britney and Justin's relationship, and my undying love for JC, who is still at the top of my Freebie Five. It was a great time to be alive.

So, what is a girl with a boyband obsession and a lot of free time to do? Write fanfiction, obviously. I was into fandom before it was nerdy cool. Back then, it was just nerdy. AND I was coding my own website. Somewhere along the road, I lost my computer skills, but for real...a thirteen-year-old girl, who taught herself HTML code? I was crunk.


If you've got a few hours to spend reading the daydreams of an adolescent Suzanne, I highly suggest you check out the angelfire website I created. I also suggest you read it with alcohol. Goes down easier that way. It's probably the best *NSYNC fanfiction you'll ever read. Maybe the only *NSYNC fiction you'll ever read. Either way, you'll love it. This I promise you



#Crunkbaby

Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment